Tuesday 9 February 2010

Fame and Wooly Hats!

Well - I have had quite a busy day today.  I started the day off at Elm Park Library.  I was being filmed to go onto the plasma screens in the library.  Oh - sorry - I have to explain a bit more (Josh's Mum just told me to!).  Well, we have these rather fab tv screens in all of our libraries and we put all sorts of things up on them about libraries.  And....I am going to be on them anytime soon!  So, I went over to Elm Park and was filmed by Tom doing different things around the library.  I had to pretend to write my blog in this picture - Tom was so busy being arty that he forgot to make sure the computer was on!!!!  I also managed to get in just about every shot that Josh's Mum was in too!  Hee hee - not sure she was too impressed!

While I was in Elm Park I found this rather gorgeous display - now, I am not a slushy sort of lovey dovey type of a monkey, but I did like the colours on this display!  Actually, maybe it would be good if you didnt tell anyone else about that!

I had to go straight over to South Hornchurch library - the portacabin (which was surprisingly warm!) - and we had a meeting with David and Vicky from Holt Jackson.  They are the people who choose some of the books that we put on our shelves.  Havering Libraries buy so many books that we need help to choose them all - thats where David and Vicky come in...they and their team provide us with lots of our books all ready to be unpacked, put through the computer and then straight onto the shelves for people to borrow.  They come over once in a while just to check that they are choosing the right things and make sure that everything is running smoothly....they do (choose the right things) and it is (running smoothly).  Sue, the stock lady from libraries, even made a yummy fruit cake!  I bet David and Vicky dont get fruit cake anywhere else!
I then went to see what some of the other Reader Development People were up to.  Frances told me about a special day we are having this week - all the library staff are going to be asked if they would like to wear a hat to work - its a charitable idea called Woolly Hat Week and supports Sailors.  I asked Frances whether I had to wear a woolly hat or could I wear a different hat - she said that she was sure I could wear any hat I wanted to.... here are some of the hats I am considering.....


This last one was taken with a lady called Maggie - she is Josh's Friend's Mum!  She suggested my cycling helmet!
Then I finished the day with Michael - he writes the library newsletter - Library Lowdown!  He also runs South Hornchurch Library - and it is rumoured, wears tights!!!  And I dont think he wears them on his head like a mugger!!!  He interviewed me for the newsletter - he asked some very difficult questions - I hope I managed to answer them alright. 
You can see that I was concentrating on my answers - Michael seemed more concerned with posing for the camera!  He even borrowed Josh's Mum's Bling diary so he could look like he was writing down the answers....want to know a secret???  I had already answered most of his questions by email! 
Phew - got to go and answer some more emails now - I wonder, with all this fame coming my way...will I start receiving fan mail soon???

Monkey Monkey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x