Monday 1 February 2010

Gidea Park visit

I said the other day that I went to Gidea Park Library and was marvelling at all their fabulous displays.....well here are some of them.
I have to say first though, that the library was very neat on the day we visited - you can see behind me in this photo just how neat everything is!  Josh's Mum said that it looked like I had my hand behind my head and I was posing like a model....but I wasnt, I was doing my exercises!!!  Havering Libraries have had a month dedicated to personal improvement - so Exercise fitted right in there!  I do like to keep fit, but sometimes people laugh at me when I try to do push-ups!





This is me having a good old chuckle at some of the books on this display.  It was global belly laugh day on the 24th January and most of the libraries had done something to commemorate it....some had put up displays, some held joke competitions, some told jokes to people coming into the library....
....here at Gidea Park, they put up a choice of funny books and also their Special Reading Agents Group had a joke swapping session.  I nearly fell off the shelf laughing when I read the jokes.  My favourite one was...."What do you call a sleepy bull.....a bulldozer!"  ....I told this to Josh and his dad and they both giggled, but I think this might have been just to keep me happy!  Josh's Mum laughed alot though!
How amazing is this??? The staff at Gidea Park are just so talented...this is the wardrobe from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - you can see the furcoats hanging in the wardrobe and Narnia beyond.  Of course, never one to pass on an adventure, I just had to climb into the wardrobe.....
....and here I am, in Narnia!  This penguin seemed a little lost so we had a short chat and then I moved on to the.....
.... Snow Queen's Palace.  I did think about going in, but I wasnt feeling too brave - and it was almost time for lunch!  Kate, the manager, said that Erin went in there last week and was gone for 3 days!  I am just so glad I resisted the urge!
Monkey Monkey... Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monkey Monkey, you certainly travel, what a wonderful diary of your travels, know two monkeys here that will be envious, they love to go to the library and borrow, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x