Friday 5 February 2010

Monkey gets reading! But not books!

I was thinking this morning, while I was brushing my teeth, about how often we read during the day!  Not just books but all sorts of things.  SO...I decided I would record all the things that I read at work in one day!  I am going to do a follow up on this with all the things I read at home too!

So - the newspaper!  Before I started work, I thought I would catch up on the news.....and there are so many papers in our libraries!  Not only do we get the papers everyday, but we also keep them for a while too, so that people can come and find something in a paper that their friend mentioned.  I am actually playing peekaboo in this picture but I thought it was useful to show how many papers there were!

This lady popped in - looking rather fetching in her scarf and hat - and bought in the latest copy of Havering Adult College classes prospectus.  So, I sat and read that!  I am considering taking up bellydancing at the moment, but that would mean I have to drop my badminton class.  
This is where I found out about my badminton class!  It was in a folder in the library.  Libraries get lots of posters and they just dont have room to put them all up, but the ones they dont have room for are kept in a folder like this one.
And this is our latest calendar of events in libraries.  I am a little late showing this because it started in January!  I am really looking forward to some of the thrifty living events....look out Ella, I may come to your swishing event!  Oh, sorry, you may not know what swishing is...well its a special time when you come to the library and swap clothes and handbags that you dont want anymore.  Obviously I dont have any handbags (although I may have to carry one for the Race for Life!)...so I might have to take along some of my old tshirts.  Just hope I can find someone to swap.... sorry..... swish with!
And of course, we all use computers so much - and we read things at them constantly.  Some people tell me that they dont read, but I am sure they just mean that they dont read Books!  Surely, just about everyone reads something!
We have to read signs to keep safe!  Just hope someone helps me down soon!
And we read posters with information on them - are you following the TV Book Club - I am loving it!  I particularly like Jo Brand!
And another poster - actually, the Reading Buddies one has a picture of Josh on it - with Mrs Howland, his teacher!
The poster below is about a buggy walk - not one I will be attending!
Even people who pretend they only ever play computer games read...they may read magazines like this one, or the title of the game, the instruction booklet - or on-screen instructions as they go through the game.  I play alot of PS3 games with Josh - our fave at the moment is Mirror's Edge!
Ok - Josh's Mum made me put this picture up - Erin lifted up my Playstation Magazine to reveal what I was really reading in the picture above...it was a teen magazine!  All in the name of research.... I found both of them in Gidea Park Library Teen Area!









I dont usually need to wear glasses to read....but I think these make me look rather distinguished! 
What have you read at work today?

Monkey Monkey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x