Saturday 30 January 2010

Holocaust Memorial Day in Havering Libraries.

I popped over to Gidea Park Library earlier this week and took some time to look at the displays they had up.  They were brilliant - I got Josh's Mum to take lots of photos of them and will put some more up another day - but for today, I feel that I should just show one of them.
Earlier this week was Holocaust Memorial Day and each of Havering Libraries decided that they would like to commemorate it - they had lots of information about what people endured during the Holocaust in WWII but also in other Holocausts around the world. 
I spent quite a long time looking at this display and then took a couple of minutes to just sit and think about how cruel some people are to others but also to marvel at how incredible people are and how very inspirational their stories are.  Although I was a little sad, I left feeling very uplifted and hopeful!

Monkey Monkeyx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x