Friday 11 December 2009

Fame and Rainham Library!

Beverly Hills and Florida - and Australia!  Hows that for fame!  Sorry, I am not making myself clear - in the last week I have had people from the UK and these places reading my blog!  Whoever knew a monkey in a library would be that interesting!


Josh's Mum was doing PDPAs again today - actually she did one PDPA with Frances and then the two of them spent some time reorganising the Reader Development room in the portacabin.  She came home very tired - and a bit grubby if I am honest!  She then did another PDPA with Jo - not sure how Jo managed with her being so grubby!  I wasnt allowed to be around for the PDPAs so I thought I would toddle off back to Rainham - the portacabin is just down the road, so before Frances' PDPA I hitched a lift with Josh's Mum and then got a bus the rest of the way.  When I arrived, Trish was having a banana for breakfast - she very kindly said that I could have her other one as long as I sat quietly while she sorted out the newspapers and got the counter set up for the day.  I certainly didnt mind that and got down to some work.
When I had done what I needed to do on the computer I took a look at their Christmas decorations and found Rob - at least I think this is Rob....the people who work at the library keep talking about Rob, I havent met him yet so I assume this is him.  I have to say he did like licking the banana off my fingers!  We had a great chat about what he was hoping to get for Christmas (a bone) and how he was feeling that day (RUFF!).  He then told me that Trish often hides bananas around the library in case she gets hungry when she is shelving......

I looked and looked and couldnt find any anywhere! I did find all these pressies under the tree though.  They are apparently for Lisa and Evie who belong to Dave, the branch manager - he is hiding them at work so that his "girls" dont find them at home.  I think they will be really pleased - one of them seemed to jingle jangle most pleasantly.......but they werent bananas!  I think Rob may have been teasing me a little!

I was feeling a bit sad about Rob teasing me to be honest - I think you can see that from my slumped shoulders in this next picture...and, in case you were wondering, I did not tell this green creature my name because he wouldnt say please!  I do like good manners!

Night night

Monkey Monkey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x