Thursday 10 December 2009

Rainham Library and a quick update

Josh's Mum had to continue on her trip around the libraries to do her monitoring visits - so we popped into Rainham Library.  Dave and Trish were there and made me very welcome.  I thought the library was really nice - bright and open.  And the staff were very smiley!  Dave is in court today -  not too sure what he did wrong cos he didnt look like he was naughty.  Oh well, you can never judge a book by its cover as they say!  Whoops - Josh's Mum has just given me a good telling off - she said Dave is doing jury service and hasnt done anything wrong at all!  Sorry Dave - see, I said you didnt look naughty!

Whilst Josh's Mum was talking to Dave about risk assessments and key registers (!!!!) I had a wander around the library.  I got a little sidetracked and spent a bit of time with this strange contraption - it was in the children's area so I assumed it was a toy....oh how wrong can a monkey be????
It was a monkey trap!!!  I mean for heavens sake, how was I meant to know?  It leapt at me and soon had me in its clutches - I twisted and turned, wriggled and jiggled and I just couldnt get myself free.  I tried to call for help but Josh's Mum was laughing about something and didnt seem to hear me (although I was almost certain she was looking my way!).  I thought it was going to eat me alive!

Until Trish came round the corner with an armful of shelving...she helped to free me....eventually.  She seemed to be having some sort of fit to start with because her shoulders were jiggling up and down and she was making a funny noise!  Still, I was so grateful to her - I felt really quite shook up.  So I thought I would steer clear of the children's area and its monkey traps - I wandered into the adult side of the library and to my horror found these......
Well, I wasnt expecting to see that sort of thing in a library!  When I had calmed down (again), Josh's Mum explained that libraries are used for all sorts of things and that these were part of an art display by a local man and his daughter.  There were some fabulous paintings on a huge screen - I like the one with the two pretty girls on it best.  I found the figures a little disconcerting but after I had got over the shock I got closer to have a really good look at them.  They were made out of some form of drippy plastic - most odd.  Then I went round the other side of the screens and found this lady sitting in the armchair reading her paper.  I have to say, she was very friendly and didnt seem to mind me reading over her shoulder at all.  I do wonder what I will find next in our libraries!
Monkey Monkeyx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x