Thursday 3 December 2009

War!!!!


I went to Warhammer at Hornchurch Library this evening.  Its funny, Josh's Mum kept talking about going and I really didnt get what she was talking about (which I have to say is not that unusual!).  It turns out that the club meets once a week and they "battle" little figures - I mean REALLY LITTLE FIGURES!  Will showed me how to paint the figures - they were really tiny!
Here is a picture of me painting one of the Orks - Will explained that Orks are very different to Orcs!  They all seemed very tiny and green to me!  I then decided to move onto actually playing!  There was a big table set out with lots of scenary and some of the other boys were fighting with their armies. 



I thought that I would sneak up on the armies and be able to attack them without them noticing me.  I think Josh may have spotted me!  He was certainly giving me an odd look!  I tried to hard to hide behind the trees as well!
Kian was very inistent that I look at his tank!  He has painted Taxi on the top of it - not exactly sure why as I couldnt possibly squeeze into it!  I was a little concerned because he kept threatening to shoot me with it....he chatted an awful lot and told me soooooo much about the game, his army, and just about everything else as well!
I decided to try a different view and climbed up to the other side of the table - only to be greeted by these little guns pointed at me - I got down pretty quickly I can tell you.  Josh's Mum said that I shouldnt have been climbing up the table anyway!

The table was really quite big and there were alot of figures on it - there was also a surprising number of dice!  The other boys told me to sit still and they would explain all about it to me - they talked about the three phases of battle - moving, shooting and assault.  Just after that explanation I fell off the table!  Guess I should have listened to Josh's Mum!

I decided that there was a much more effective way of winning - if you just swing a rather heavy monkey paw straight down onto those darn little things they look like they might just break really easily!


My idea didnt go down very well with the other boys at the club!

Josh rescued me a little while after this picture was taken - actually, it was quite a long while after this picture was taken!

Hmmmm Monkey Monkey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x