Monday 7 December 2009

Meeting children and their minders!


Today I got to join in with a really fun session at Hornchurch.  Josh's Mum and her team were working with the childminder's lady from the council called Carol.  They invited lots of childminders to come and have a training session with Josh's Mum's team and the children all had a mucky play session in the hall.  In this picture you can see us all having our snack!  Except for me - I didnt have one!
And you will notice in this next picture that they all have drinks in funny cups - this is so that they dont spill their drinks all over our carpets!  And again...you will notice that I didnt have one!  The children made some really fun things - snowmen on sticks with googly eyes seemed to be the big thing!   I did notice that the childminders got very involved in the craft activity - in some cases they seemed to be doing more crafting than the children! One child even tried to put me onto a stick!  I made it very clear that this was not something that would be happening!

This is me with two of the childminders!  They were very smily and thats why I wanted my picture taken with them!  It looks like there was only the three of us in the classroom - but there were more of us I can promise you.  In the classroom the team worked to show the childminders could help the children to make up stories.  Some of the characters that they made up were really funny.  I liked "Chardoney" best - she was a young girl from Basildon whose special power was reading people's  minds.  When that group got given a windscreen squeegee as a prop they used it to wipe people's memories with......now what was I going to type????  MMMMMM ...nope cant remember!
Night Night Monkey Monkey  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x