Wednesday 2 December 2009

Fun meeting, kidnapped and Bookstart!


Yesterday we had a really fun and buzzy meeting.  It was the meeting for all the events people in libraries.  Josh's mum was hosting the meeting and supplied some yummy cake - and then it was Kay's birthday and she brought cake too!  I like those meetings!  It was a really lively meeting to chat about what events would go on each month and make sure everyone knew what they were doing.  In the picture with me and the cake are Erin from Gidea Park Library (so sweet!) and Linda from South Hornchurch Library - they smiled a lot....Josh's mum kept saying that Linda looks like her Auntie Gill!

This picture here is at the end of the meeting - you can just see Kim (in the rather fetching red coat) and Ella sitting down - think it might be Kathy's hair, just not too sure whose arm it is!  Can you see where Erin is looking?  Look closer.....yes, the dreaded Sam tried to kidnap (monkeynap?) me....I couldnt believe it....he just grabbed me and stuck me up his jumper...oh the indignity of it all!  I think he would like to have a baby - I think his mum needs to have THAT talk with him really soon! 

I did not want to be anyone's baby!  So, I wriggled myself up his chest - may have kicked him in the ribs a few times....now I dont approve of violence but just sometimes.....
Can you see his face?  He did seem a little surprised when I poked my head out under his chin!  I felt quite victorious - I think you can see that just by looking at my face!

Erin helped me out of Sam's jumper (it was a bit stuffy in there) and I had to have a large slice of cake to recover.


Luckily, I was feeling better today.  I went with Josh's mum to the Bookstart Regional Meeting in Canary Wharf.  I must say, they were a little lacking in the cake department, but the coffee was nice (according to Josh's Mum - I am not allowed any!).  In the picture are Natasha and Kay - they are ....now let me get this right.....more initials....BDM's!  Now I am sure someone clever could come up with something funny for those initials, but not me, I will just tell you they stand for Bookstart Development Managers - I think! 

I am not going to do a long post on Bookstart now - I was a little confused...it seems like they give books away to all the children in the country....sure it cant be true!  I am going to check out their website later tonight and will let you know soon - if you want to know before I post then their site is www.bookstart.org.uk

Enough for tonight - travelling on those Dockland Trains has taken it out of me - they have no drivers!  I had to sit at the front to make sure we didnt crash!

Monkey Monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x