Saturday 23 January 2010

Brookside Primary School @ Harold Hill Library


Jo, the Reader Development Librarian, who covers Harold Hill asked me to come down to the library the other day and look at a project she has been doing with Karen and the other staff there.  I wasnt able to get to the library on the day that the children were there but I went along today to go and see their work.  It was amazing!  .... Sorry, how rude of me....this is Lauren, one of the ladies who work there.  She really wanted her picture taken with me - she squeezed me a little tight, but I coughed a couple of times and she loosened off!
So - here is the display...well actually, just a tiny bit of it.  The children in Year 5 came down to the library to talk about Harold Hill and how it used to be.  There were some really great volunteers who came in to talk to the children and tell them about life when they were younger...the volunteers were....mmmmm, how should I put this? .... of an age!  Well they had to be really, else they wouldnt have had anything to say!  The children had a great visit and, when they got back to school, wrote newspaper articles and did a timeline of Harold Hill.

The timeline was fascinating - Harold Hill was a settlement hundreds of years ago - although it wasnt known as Harold Hill then.
I had to climb quite high up to read the articles!  Josh's Mum said that I shouldnt put this picture up because it might encourage people to climb up on the shelves!  I dont think anyone would be that silly!  Josh's Mum also said that the shelves looked really neat and tidy - think that was why she let me put the picture up in the end!
Monkey Monkey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x