Monday 25 January 2010

Visit to Collier Row Library!


I popped into Collier Row Library today and saw Ella - she showed me this fabulous display!  It is to promote a special event they have coming up with the RSPB - thats....now let me think....the Royal Society for the Poking of Beatles.  No, thats not right...Royal Society for the Prodding of Bats - yes!  Hang on........  Ok - just asked Josh's Mum - its the Royal Society for Protection of Birds!  That would explain why they had all the books about birds!  There was a much bigger display but I liked this bit best.  They are doing a special evening event to tie in with the Big Garden Birdwatch and people can listen to a talk, find out lots about birds they can see in their gardens and then children can do a craft too!  It sounded like lots of fun!


One of the other events that I quite liked the look of was their Taste of India event - they are going to be cooking in the library!  Yes, really!  A man is going to come down and do a special session on Indian cooking and the spices that are used!  How cool is that?  Unless its a Madras of course!  I only like chicken tikka masala - its nice and creamy! MMMMMMMM

I meant to put the website up on my last blog - or the one before - and forgot.  If you want to find out more information about events and STUFF - then you need to go to this website.....http://www.anywhere.me/havering

Did you like how technical I got there?  You can either click on the word "this" or copy and paste the address into your browser bar.  Wooooo get me!  Sound like I know all about this computer stuff.  I still think computers are just a passing phase!  But I am loving them while they are here!

Monkey Monkey x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x