Friday 13 November 2009

BIG Meeting and little people!

Josh's Mum said that we needed to go to a meeting this morning and that it was really important because we were going to be evaluating the services across Culture and Leisure (Libraries sit in this group within the council).  When I arrived everyone was very surprised to see me but they were all really kind and, before the meeting, let me have my picture taken.  Martin had brought along lots of food to "sustain" us - there were lots of orange juices, and some lovely fruit....just couldnt resist having a banana, or two!  Actually, Josh's Mum said that I couldnt have anymore after my 4th one as other people might like to eat them!  The meeting took quite a long time because we had to look at all the things we do with partners (we do lots and have so many really good people who work in partnership with us) and also we had to look at how we managed our resources and if that met with what the public wanted us to offer.  It was all very enlightening. 


The only thing that did confuse me were all the initials that were used - LLC, RFID, CSIT etc - Josh's Mum and Manjeet were going to play a prank on Lauren (who was typing all the information straight onto the forms) and just say some random initials to see if she realised that they werent real.  I frowned at them and suggested that it wouldnt be kind to do that! Lauren seemed to really like me and we had a lovely chat at coffee time.  I never drink coffee - too much caffeine affects my sleeping terribly! 

I was really fortunate to get a chance to chat to Don when I had finished my drink. Don told me all about Playfest during the summer - it sounded like it was so much fun - thousands and thousands of children all came to parks and played together at the same time.  They got to join in and do lots of fun stuff.  Josh's Mum said the mobile library was there for the 5 days too - they went to a different park each day and had loads of children (and some adults) making badges and mirrors.  Then the people went onto the mobile library to have a look around and take out books if they wanted to.  There were lots of other things going on and the children all had such a good time that we are going to be doing it again next summer.  I hope I will be able to go along to it too.
This smiley man is Simon - he is head of Culture and Leisure - the big boss man!  For such a big boss man he was very friendly.  We talked about all the places I was going and what I was going to see.  He made sure that my hood was up in case I was cold - actually it was quite warm but I didnt want to make a fuss! 

I left this picture until last - its a picture of Manjeet and me - I was looking out of the window because it had just stopped raining.  Manjeet loves monkies and has them everywhere - she was very pleased to see me and cuddled me very tightly.  Manjeet is the Marketing and Research Officer for Culture and Leisure.  The bit of her job that seems to keep her busiest is ensuring that people who live in the area know all about the things that are happening.  It can sometimes be difficult to tie everything together because so much is going on at any time but she seems to do it fine!  I think she has alot of coffee as she seemed to be very excitable - I like her....alot!

In the afternoon I went to Elm Park Library to visit their Read and Rhyme session which was being run by Jan - but my hands are nearly falling off with all the typing I have done - so I will post the pics and tell you all about the fun I had tomorrow!

Nighty Night
Monkeyx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x