Wednesday 11 November 2009

Funny old day!

Hmmmm - I dont like office stuff!  We spent the WHOLE morning doing emails this morning - and we still didnt get through even a tiny percentage of them all!  Who gets so many emails for goodness sake?  Oh yes, Josh's mum!  There were emails on all sorts of things - about authors who want to come and speak in libraries - oooo and one from a man called Mr Custard.  Mr Custard and Mr Ballooney both come to the library during the school holidays in the summer and put on shows - they do fun and games parties, puppet shows and circus skills - they are really really good (according to Josh's mum - and the 500 or so children who saw them last summer!).  They get really busy so Josh's mum has booked them ready for next year so that we can get them when we want them.


By 9.30 I was ready to go and kept trying to hint as much - I even went and sat in Josh's mum's basket by the front door and she still didnt work it out!

SO - after all the paperworky type stuff and emails we had to go and see Nicky Dunne - I met her and she was lovely, not at all scary like I thought someone that important would be!  Nicky and Josh's mum were interviewing for a new Saturday Assistant for one of the libraries so I couldnt go in with them. 


I wandered around the library for a little while and then discovered loads of orange bags!  It confused me why you would want to get orange bags from a library - I did wonder if they might be for people to carry their books home in!  A very kind lady explained that the bags were used by people for putting their recyclable rubbish in so that it could be collected on its own and recycled.  This seems like such a good idea, I spent quite a long time telling all the people in the library about them but they all seemed to know about them already!  I am just amazed at how many different things you can get at the library - more on those another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x