Saturday 21 November 2009

Monkey eating bean bags at Elm Park Library!

Friday was a quiet day for me - Josh's Mum had to do paperwork and emails in the morning and then she went to the final CSIT evaluation meeting - so I thought I would head back to Elm Park Library for another adventure!

This is a picture of Sarah, one of the library assistants over at Elm Park Library - she showed me how to find a book on the computer catalogue thingymabob!  I found out that I can get books from all over London because Havering set up this joint system - so if I wanted to know about Outer Mongolian Sheep Warbling and the only book on it was in Richmond then I could just get it sent over - adults have to pay a little fee for this but its still cheaper than going all the way to Richmond for it - and a lot less hassle, especially if you have short legs!
I chose to read a book about a sheep that lost her knickers so I settled down on one of the bean bags in the children's area of the library

It was really comfortable sitting there - I just loved the colours and then snuggled right down to read my book.  It was ever so funny and, as I read, I snuggled even deeper into the bean bag.  Odd things those bean bags - they sort of expand around you - and before you know it....you cant get out!

It didnt matter which way I wriggled - I could flip myself over onto my front or lay on my back - I just could NOT crawl out of the thing - it had me in its wicked clutches.

Until Sarah came and rescued me!  She was my hero!  She held my hands while I wriggled myself upright and then helped me to climb out.  If it hadnt have been for Sarah......I may not have been blogging this now!
Thanks Sarah! x  Monkey Monkey X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x