Thursday 12 November 2009

More paperwork and Burger King


OK - now I am sure people in libraries do something other than paperwork, but it didnt feel like it today!  Josh's mum spent ages writing up all the planning sessions her team had on Monday and Tuesday - she said that its a great job to get done as it means everyone knows what they will be focussing on next year.  My bum got rather squashed sitting in the same position for so long!  She then emailed it out to all the libraries and asked them all to pick one month's theme that they liked the look of to focus on.  Collier Row and Elm Park Libraries were really quick and picked Grow Your Own (March, Elm Park) and Thrifty Living (Collier Row, February).

I got so tired of sitting waiting, and my bum was really quite numb, that I thought I would pop out and find the book I had been reading on Monday at Harold Wood Library.  It was all about the local area and had lots of photographs in it with people wearing really funny clothes and animals pulling carts along.  I am so glad I didnt live then, I much prefer the car!  Josh;s mum told me about the local history section in Havering Libraries - they have all sorts of things from olden times that show us how our area has changed over the years.  They have lots of really big maps and rates books that give you a real inside view to life at the time.  I would really like to visit at some time soon.
When I got back, Josh's mum was having a 1:1 with another member of staff - they were talking about what sorts of things had been done over the last month or so - and also what they were planning to do over the next month or so.  Kay, the staff member, works from Collier Row and Romford Libraries and she was saying that she was going to be delivering Treasure Boxes (Bookstart, I need to check these out!) to her nurseries and playgroups and that she was also organising a visit to the library from St Patrick's School and Mawney School.  One of the things they were saying had happened recently was an event called Birthday Boys - this was to celebrate famous literary (cant say that word!) figures - they were joined by readers in Romford Library and walked around the library reading out poetry and the like.  The people who had popped in to take out books were very surprised, but the cabbies enjoyed it when they read outside the library.  She said the highlight was when John Barfoot read "Charge of the Light Brigade" whilst strolling around the library!


After school pick up we went to Burger King with two friends from Josh's school - Josh was so hungry he even checked to see if I had any nits he could eat!  Of course I didnt, Josh's mum had had those at lunchtime!

Josh then tried to persuade me that I liked cheese chilli things!  As you can see, I wasnt eating it willingly!  It was foul!  Even Josh didnt eat it - but they all seemed to get eaten by someone and Josh's mum was suspiciously quiet!

Have just taken a peek in the diary and we have a meeting to go to tomorrow morning and then we might be visiting a school to drop some books in and also popping into Read and Rhyme at Elm Park - if we get the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x