Friday 27 November 2009

Nice and scary people at Harold Hill Library

Wow - isnt it strange how one library can have so many nice people in it?  This is a picture of me with Jo - she is the Reader Development Librarian whose area includes Harold Hill.  Her job is to get young people and children to use libraries and love books.  I think she does a very good job.  When I met her she was recovering from a really busy visit from some children who had come to listen to people talk about the local area and what it was like when they were younger.  She is showing me a picture of her little boy on the Baby Bounce poster.  She told me that she has another baby in her tummy - I cant ever imagine being THAT hungry!

Then I met Janice who also works at Harold Hill - she has been reading my blog and remembered that she had a tea-towel with a monkey on!  Guess what?  She gave it to me!  How generous was that?  I thought it was so kind of her....she did make me laugh, she thought it was me on the tea towel.  I tried to explain that it was nothing like me - it was the famous monkey on the teabag adverts!  He is a bit full of himself if you ask me!

Ok - see how smiley and happy this man is?  Well dont let that fool you!  He was trying to tape me to a box and send me on the courier van!  If someone wants a book that isnt in their library they can request it and the library will try and borrow a copy for them.  Sometimes we lend books to really far away places - Josh's Mum said that the service has lent a book on Southend Pier to Poland! - I wonder why they wanted to read that?  Anywho....all those books need to be packed into boxes so that they can be sent to the library they are needed - Adrian told me that they send a lot of books around to different libraries and they all need to be accounted for and packed up safely.  He suggested I take a closer look.....and the rest, is history!  Luckily, Alison (one of the other ladies working there) spotted him and told him off!  Phew!  ANOTHER lucky escape!


Do you remember my first day, when I had my interview with Sam?  Well he was over at Harold Hill working when I was over there.  I remembered him as a really friendly person - he even tried to rescue me when the girls wanted to dress me in pink!  Well, he didnt seem so friendly today! - Look at this picture of him - he looks like he made a mess down his top....it looked like ketchup but I am wondering if it was something far more sinister.  And the look on his face suggests that I could be right!

Mind you, the people in the background seemed to be having good fun!  Oh thats Viv and the My Story crew!

Well, you will be pleased to know that Alison came over and took me out for a teabreak after this picture was taken so Sam didnt get his teeth into me!

Monkey Monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x