Saturday 14 November 2009

Read and Rhyme at Elm Park Library



I had so much fun yesterday at Elm Park Library.  I met Jan who works there - and Louise and Sarah were there too!  Jan was running something called Read and Rhyme and said she was going to read us a great book about some dinosaurs - she also said that she would put a review about it on our Facebook Group.  Josh's mum said that anyone can leave a book review on there - you just need to go to Facebook and search for Havering Reading Group and you will find it.  I may write something more about this strange thing called "social networking" when I find out a bit more.

Back to the Read and Rhyme - Josh's mum said that Read and Rhyme is  a special time when pre-school children come to the library and listen to a story, sing rhymes and sometimes do colouring.  I was so surprised to find this running in a library - I had thought that you had to be quiet in a library, but Josh's mum said that libraries should be lively places, not like morgues!


  Jan had made some little dinosaurs that we could colour in and then put on our fingers and use as puppets - you can see mine in the pencil tub!







There was a little boy there and he helped me with my colouring - he was really nice and kind to me!  We laughed a lot when we realised we both had hoods and I asked Josh's mum to take a photo of us both with our hoods up.  He had such a nice smile - it made me feel all sunshiney inside.


I really liked the pictures in the book - they were so bright - and Jan did a really good job of reading it - although Essie (the little boy's mummy) and Josh's mum kept laughing when she called one of the dinosaurs a Trannysaurus - I didnt get why it was so funny and I thought they were a bit rude for laughing...I didnt see them trying to say any of the long words - I bet they couldnt!


I am going to see what I can find out about this Social Networking business tonight and then post again tomorrow (or Monday if it takes a long time to find out!).

Monkey x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x