Tuesday 10 November 2009

Job interview and other happenings

Wow - this is the moment I got my job!  In the picture is Sam Luxton - I was meant to have an interview with Nicky Dunne but she was tied up with other happenings so Sam stepped in and grilled me.  He asked some really difficult questions like what did I know about health and safety?  I said that I knew I should only hold a banana in my mouth if I was swinging through the trees - he seemed to think it was an ok answer!

I then got to meet two members of the team - that's Kathy and Frances (left and right) - they seemed a bit bemused that I was there to be honest, but soon welcomed me on board.  Frances even made sure my hood was up before we left in case I got cold.  It was quite a long meeting but then we were talking about all the things we would do next year - its going to be so much fun but I cant say anything yet!


One of the things I can talk about is the MY STORY project - I didnt know very much about this but it seems that the Reader Development Team (so that makes me a Reader Development Monkey!) have been visiting all the libraries in Havering and encouraging people to write their stories - they help them to put their stories into words and then they are going to enter them online into the My Story BBC website.  They said they have been really busy with the workshops generally but a couple of libraries have been quieter than the others.  I kept asking questions so they decided to sit me down with the fabby magazine and I read that quietly.

This is Sam - he was rescueing me from the girlies in the team - they were all talking about doing Race for Life next year - its a women's walk or run race, that isnt really a race!  They were threatening to dress me in Build-a-Bear outfits to make me look like I was a girl too.  Sam sneaked up and made a grab for me - YAY GO SAM!  He does have a very expressive face dont you think?





Later in the day, Josh's Mum took me to have something called a 1 to 1 with another member of her team.  I had to sit outside and wait in the library as its a 1 to 1, not a 1 to 1.5! I found a great book about Pirates so I was quite happy sitting there reading - and have you noticed, the chair is a really good size for me!  After we had picked Josh up from school and had dinner I went to bed early - I was so worn out - but I now have a job, have met some lovely people and visited Harold Wood and Hornchurch Libraries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message - I feel all loved and squishy now! Monkey Monkey x